Two positions for Elder/Church Councillor will become vacant at this year’s AGM. Trevor Barnett and Bob Kester will complete their nominated 1 year term and are both eligible for re-election.
The Church Council will decide at their meeting on 13th November whether or not to increase the number on the Council and that decision will be made known on Sunday 18th November.
Nomination forms will be available from the Church office from Wednesday 31st Oct. and on Sunday, 4th November, and will need to be in the hands of Secretary Helen or Chairman Bill by Sunday 11th November.
Chairman of the Congregation
Andrew Kester will run a short workshop on loading material/data on to our church website. Please contact Ps. Andrew for details.
The 2018 AGM of the Congregation will be held on Sunday 25th November at 2pm. in the Wesley Hall. Items to be included in the Agenda are to be in the hands of the Chairman by Sunday the 11th Nov. For those who have been asked to provide reports to be included in the “Annual Reports” please have the to the secretary, Helen Turner no later than Sunday the 4th November, preferably by email.
• Please send in all prayer requests and notices to the church office by Tuesday morning.
• Remember please return your pledges for the toilet facilities upgrade project.
• The 2018 AGM of the Congregation will be held on Sunday 25th November at 2pm. in the Wesley Hall. Items to be included in the Agenda are to be in the hands of the Chairman by Sunday the 11th Nov. For those who have been asked to provide reports to be included in the “Annual Reports” please have the to the secretary, Helen Turner no later than Sunday the 4th November, preferably by email.
• The Presbyterian Women's association have invited our Fellowship to a morning tea on Friday 26th October 2018., at 10 am. Guest speaker will be Jo Murdoch who has recently cycled in Wales. Morning tea, Trading Table and lucky door prize. Admission $10.
• Christian Band Iron & Clay are giving a concert on Friday the 2nd November at the High School in the afternoon/evening (time to be advised) Need some UC volunteers to provide adult supervision contact Teresa Atyeo 0409280948.
• Sharing life together Tell us what is happening in our Christian family, so we can celebrate with you or support you with prayer or practical help. Your stories are always a great encouragement.
• Saturday the 13th October Tom Golding (American Pastor/Evangelist) from Churches of Christ. Teaching/workshop/food/BBQ, 9am onwards at Trevor & Sue Barnett’s place.
• The Assembly of the Uniting Church allows congregations the right to choose whether to allow same gender marriages in their churches. The council recommends that Naracoorte Uniting Church do not allow same gender marriages in our church facilities. This decision will come to the next congregational meeting (perhaps the AGM) for ratification.
BEANIES NEEDED - Janet Woodward Secretary of Adult Fellowships is asking for beanies to be given to 11 National Bush Chaplains when they are in Adelaide in October for a conference. These Chaplains take beanies among other things they take to isolated families and communities Australia wide. Chris Parker has a pattern for anyone interested.
STAMPS - We don't receive as many letters by post these days but stamps you do receive are still useful. A group of people gather at the Synod office each Monday to sort used stamps which are sold. There is a box on top of the shelves in Blackwell hall. See Lindsay Parker
Thank you to all who contributed to the TL2 Luncheon which raised over $500. With other generous donations, the account for the term's program has been covered. The Bounds Family thank our Congregation for the great opportunity given to Alex enabling him to Improve in all aspects of his literacy standards. Our thanks to Carol and Peter for giving our church family the opportunity to partner with them in this effective and rewarding program, an outreach to the community, meeting an educational need with the Love of Christ.. Yvonne