If you are interested in attending please contact either Beth Ortlepp or Helen Sadler whose phone numbers appear on the flyer.
Remember 19th May a meeting after church for the congregation to make a decision regarding which presbytery we will join.
Remember 28th April a meeting after church to present information regarding forming a new presbytery and a date for the congregation to make a decision.
Please find attached:
- Explanation of why we need to decide on a Presbytery with extracts from the letter from the UC General Secretary requesting us to decide
- Information regarding the Non-Geographic Presbytery
- A pastoral letter from the Moderator regarding the proposed abortion law reform introduced by the Greens
Please note that we have received no specific information regarding the ethos of the Geographic Presbyteries other than the General Secretary’s advice.
We are migrating our phone app.....Naracoorte Uniting is now launched on the CHURCH CENTRAL AUSTRALIA app.
Please check your police clearances and renew if needed ASAP.
When received please bring to the office so a copy can be made for our records.
For more information contact Teresa Atyeo 0409 280 948
• Saturday the 13th October Tom Golding (American Pastor/Evangelist) from Churches of Christ. Teaching/workshop/food/BBQ, 9am onwards at Trevor & Sue Barnett’s place.
• The Assembly of the Uniting Church allows congregations the right to choose whether to allow same gender marriages in their churches. The council recommends that Naracoorte Uniting Church do not allow same gender marriages in our church facilities. This decision will come to the next congregational meeting (perhaps the AGM) for ratification.
The Church Council wish to remind the congregation that with the lead up to Easter, our Community Chest cupboard needs to be 'stocked up' with food items to help people in the community that struggle. Among items that will help, are long life milk, cereal, canned fruit or vegetables, sugar, pasta and pasta sauces.